Thursday, February 12, 2009

In which she figures it out.

The internet has been abuzz with the February Lady sweater for a while now (with renewed interest since the Yarn Harlot started hers, I notice). Now, when the pattern first came out, it didn’t really speak to me.

However. (Isn’t there always a “however”?)

I only dislike the sweaters in close-ups. I like the general shape of the sweater, with the buttons just on the yoke and the slightly belled sleeves. However, I can’t stand the look of the garter stitch. I’ve started thinking about the possibility of replacing the garter stitch with stockinette, moss stitch, or something else entirely…

I also think it would be a good match for my long-neglected (due to inadequate yardage) Lana Grossa Royal Tweed:

Ahhhh, that yarn still makes me happy.

Granted, this is all purely theoretical, as I doubt I’ll have time for big-project knitting until the end of the semester. (Did I mention I’m graduating this spring? :D!) Maybe I’ll try to get it done over the summer so I have it ready when things cool off this fall.

No comments: