Saturday, April 07, 2007

In which things get kicked off.

So, I finally broke down.. I wanna play with other bloggers! This blog will be mainly about knitting (and the frustrations therein), as I have other places where I post about life and costuming and.. well, all that other stuff.

I figure it's best to start off on a good foot, so here are a couple FOs from my favorite book of the moment.


Pattern: Medallion Mitt from Knitting with Balls
Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist, color 3003
Needles: US7 dpn
Modifications: None
Completed: Thanksgiving 2006

These guys were my first finished knitting project.. like, ever. The first one took ages, but the second was the work of an evening. They're actually a bit short, and I wish I had worked the ribbing a bit longer before starting in on the hand. They also pull a lot around the thumb joins, which makes me think they should have been wider, or the thumbs over more stitches. Either way, not perfect, but they're soft and pretty and my first FO so I love them anyway. ;)




Pattern: Beer Cozy from Knitting with Balls
Yarn: Crystal Palace Bamboozle in Fern
Needles: US7 DPN
Modifications: None
Completed: March 18 2007

This was a fun, quick knit. Finding an elasiticized yarn locally was tricky, but a not-so-local-yarn-store came to the rescue. I plan to make several sets of these, but I don't know if a set should be same color, different stitch patterns, or different colors, same stitch pattern... The former would make a prettier set, but the latter would be more useful, I think.. *ponders*

Also, I love this book. I'm finding more and more attraction for the "guy" patterns (Never Knit Your Man a Sweater (Unless You've Got the Ring) is on the to-acquire list, as soon as I get a good coupon).. Guess I have to balance out my girly-girl costuming side somehow, huh? XD

...

No comments: